Sunday, February 15, 2009

Jessica Here

The reason I decided to weigh myself yesterday when I was starting my "diet" today was because I wanted to see what sort of affect it had on my weight, even in just a 24 hour period.

So after I weighed myself, I laid in bed and ate and entire box of strawberries with about half a bag of chocolate chips, 1/3 of a pint of Haagen Dazs chocolate peanut butter ice cream, 1 glass of champagne and 2-3 glasses of wine... I kind of lost count. =/

Here's what this morning's weight is: 243 lbs

So overnight, I gained 1 pound. Possibly just the weight of the food in my stomach, but all the same I'll definitely be working out today. 

Breakfast today is a non-portion controlled bowl of Rice Chex with low fat milk (probably about 2 cups of each) and a small glass of V8 VFusion (Blueberry pomegranate: yummy!).

So, at this point, I think I should explain one of the reasons why I quit Weight Watchers. It is a very helpful program, there is no doubt about that. But I had a huge problem with weighing and measuring my food. I know one of my biggest problems is portion control, but actually getting out measuring cups to measure it!? It was WAY too far for me and I just felt that doing it made food so much less enjoyable. Maybe it's just because I hate math? And with WW I was allowed 28 points/day, and sometimes I would want 1.5 servings of something to fill up my points allowance, and then math came in and I would get frustrated and just forego the extra points just so I wouldn't have to figure out how many teaspoons were in a cup or something like that. >_< I'm getting frustrated just thinking about it.

I'm hoping that doing the portion control more casually will provide slow, but less frustrating results. Actually, I'm kind of counting on it. Slow and steady wins the race, after all.




EDIT:
So today didn't end so well. I ended up eating the rest of my pint of Haagen Dazs and two chocolate iced cookies. =/

No comments:

Post a Comment