Thursday, February 19, 2009

Guess who?

I'm trying not to write in this every two seconds, though it is... oddly... tough.

I can't say I've altered my eating habits that greatly since starting this journal, but I'm definitely more concious of what I'm putting in my mouth.

Yesterday I had a bowl of Rice Chex with lowfat milk (I bought three boxes on sale for 5$, that's why I have it all the time lol) and a glass of V8 VFusion, a veggie burger with a bit of katchup and mustard along with some french fries (I was proud of myself for not even finishing the fries, actually), and finally some bread pudding... with homemade whipped cream. lol. I think I did pretty well yesterday. Dinner was just a can of tuna with maybe 2 tbs of miracle whip. Oh! And a glass of champagne. I bought this cute four-pack of champagne for Valentine's Day, and each bottle is about 1 glass of champagne, and I just felt like having one.

Besides cutting back a bit with portions yesterday (and still feeling very full somehow), I've added water. Usually I really hate water. It just tastes really weird out here, and I just don't like drinking it. But I've decided to just suck it up and drink it. Otherwise I would be going to the Starbucks on campus every day like I used to. And it's not like I was really spending money on Starbucks, but not going now has saved me some money. On campus I have a meal plan of 14 meals/week, and at each establishment that isn't the Hot Spot (our cafeteria), I can get a transfer special--which is what I was getting at Starbucks. But now that I've cut Starbucks out, I noticed I have a lot more meals available to me to use... well, as actual meals. Which means I haven't had the need to eat a whole lot of my own food. Before this week (and last weekend, actually), I didn't eat at the Hot Spot everyday. I like that I am, now. A lot of their stuff is pretty portion controlled, and it's definitely been helpful while challenging at the same time... I just have to avoid the pastry case. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment